Descriptive & Installation Data
Hypac power units can be applied to single acting cylinders by plugging one port. It will still be necessary to reverse the motor to promote return flow.
Where solenoid valves are used, wiring circuit must open valves when motor/pump unit is running, regardless of direction, to permit free flow of fluid in the system.
Speed of cylinder stroke is dependent on loads applied at the piston rod and can be approximated from performance curves of motor/pump units by converting G.P.M. to cubic inches per minute.
Motor/pump units assembles complete with cylinders and inter-connecting hoses can be supplied to suit individual applications. Furnish complete details of intended application with a sketch showing required location of cylinders in relation to motor/pump for our recommendations.
Power units assembled complete at our factory are supplied with the proper amount of fluid. System is purged to eliminate all air pockets and tested for proper operation.
Where individual motor/pumps are supplied for customer installation of hose and/or cylinders the following procedure is recommended:
1. Use high grade light industrial (mineral) oil or Dextron II transmission fluid in system.
2. Place cylinders in vertical position with piston rod end up and piston rod fully retracted. Completely fill piston rod end of the cylinder with fluid. Cylinder may be tilted to facilitate filling.
3. Completely assemble all hose assemblies to motor/pump and cylinders making sure all threaded ports have seal ring in place.All fittings must be securely seated in threaded ports.
4. Fill reservoir up to level of fill hole or approximately 3/4 full if pump is used in vertical position.
5. Disconnect at pump, retraction hose assembly. (which is attached to piston rod end of cylinders).
6. Plug the open pump port to completely exclude air.
7. Hold the open hose at the reservoir opening and actuate pump to extend cylinders until no air is evident in the fluid stream. Full rod extension should not be necessary.
8.Shut off pump, remove plug from port and reconnect hose assembly to pump port.
9. Stand cylinders on opposite end. (rod end down)
10. Disconnect, at pump, extension hose assembly (which is attached to cylinder at end opposite piston rod) and follow same procedure as outlined in notes 6 thru 8 except full retraction is necessary
11. Operate all cylinders to full extension and retraction two or three times observing for evidence of air in system. Air can be noted by periodic noise in motor/pump and/or excessive foaming of fluid.
12. If air is evident, recycle cylinders several times. If this does not eliminate the air, repeat steps 6 thru 10 making sure all seals are in place and fittings are tight.
13. Check level of fluid in reservoir with motor/pump in horizontal position. Level should be even with the fill hole. Assemble plug with O-ring in fill hole.